Nowadays, breeders are working tirelessly on the breeding of all new varieties of various vegetables, thus delighting the gardeners. But too much choice can plunge into the state of shock of beginning vegetable growers, they just get lost among all sorts of varieties and types of garden crops. Tomatoes are particularly prominent in this regard, there are many varieties of them, each of which will differ in certain parameters. Description of the characteristics of the tomato variety Yamal will help determine the choice among a variety of tomatoes.
Description and characteristics of tomato Yamal
The variety of tomatoes Yamal belongs to the early ripe shtamb, originator of which is a breeder from the Stupinsky district V.I. Kozak Variety is the most common.
Everyone who tried to grow tomatoes Yamal forever leave for themselves a note about him. To the conditions of growth they are not choosy, have excellent taste.
Fruit maturity is recognized by:
- on a saturated red color;
- dense pulp.
Ripe tomatoes have a shallow hole under the chapel, sometimes slight ribbing is observed on the surface of the fruit.Fruits of Yamal Tomato
The bush of Yamal is notable for its short stature, the adult plant grows only up to 45 cm in height, while the fruiting is quite abundant. The leaves on the trunk are medium, decorative in appearance, let's say the color of all shades of green.
The inflorescences of the variety are simple, often located, each can have up to 4 flowers, of which the fruit will later become fastened.
The harvest matures quickly, after 90-105 days after the emergence of shoots it will be possible to try the first fruits. The very fruiting is marked long.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The variety of tomatoes Yamal has a lot of advantages:
- compactness of the bush;
- the early maturity of the fruit;
- universality of the variety;
- resistance to many diseases;
- high and prolonged fruiting;
- not subject to weather conditions.
All this characterizes Yamal as an excellent variety grown on vegetable gardens with different climatic parameters and even at home, on a balcony and on a windowsill.
There are no flaws in the variety, so say all as one gardeners who grow Yamal.Yamal tomato in the cut
Selection of soil for planting tomatoes
Fruits of excellent quality will be able to grow only on a quality trunk, which, in its turn, should receive everything necessary for growth and fruiting. Tomato Yamal will not grow equally everywhere, sandy and sandy soils are best suited to it. They will provide a moderate amount of moisture, sufficient ventilation of the root system.
The first step in the cultivation of tomatoes variety Yamal is sowing seedlings. This process happens like this:
- In pre-prepared containers gain ground and give it a good warm.
- The second stage is to seed. They are placed apart at a distance of at least 1 cm.
- The laid out sunflower seeds are sprinkled with peat or ground mixture. The layer should not exceed 1 cm.
- Then follows watering with warm water through a watering can with a fine net.
- After watering the container, it is desirable to cover the film or put glass on it to create a greenhouse effect. After the emergence of seedlings cover removed.
- The first couple of days, it is desirable to withstand a temperature of about +25, while there should be enough light.
- Seedlings with 2-4 true leaves dive in more spacious containers. The distance between shtamba should be at least 2 cm. But it is better to dive into individual cups.
- Planting seedlings immediately is not recommended, it should be gradually taught and tempered to the street.
Landing in the ground and subsequent care
Grown up seedlings are planted in open ground when it warms up sufficiently and passes the risk of severe frosts. To carry out the landing it is necessary:
- garden shovel;
- water for irrigation.
Tomatoes should be planted in pre-prepared pits dug to the depth of the rhizome. The distance between the bushes should be at least 50 cm. Around the planted shtambov it is worthwhile to compact the ground and water each bush abundantly.
To get a rich harvest and to maximize fruiting, you must adhere to some rules after planting in open ground:
- after the plants are planted, it is necessary to regularly feed;
- shtamb normally tolerates drought, but it is better to provide a sufficient amount of moisture by artificially watering each bush;
- Do not forget to pile up the bushes, and after rains loosen the ground around them;
- It is not advisable to allow the development of weeds around the stems
Yamal varieties of tomatoes are not susceptible to diseases and pests if it is well cared for. Typically, the fruits ripen to defeat the bushes late blight, this is due to the early ripeness of the trunk.
According to statistics, from one square meter with Yamal tomatoes can be collected for the season up to 17 kg of fruit, but for this it is worth making a little effort. The secrets of rich harvests are:
- In the regular application of top dressing:
- The first nutrient mixture is applied on the 10th day after the landing, it is prepared from 40 g of superphosphate and 10 g of ammonium nitrate, which is diluted in a bucket of warm water;
- every two weeks thereafter, each bush is watered with a weak solution of manganese and nitrophos is applied;
- Every 10 days, the plants must be sprayed with a solution of urea, potassium sulfate and superphosphate, 15 g of the mixture is diluted in 10 liters of warm water and treated with bushes.
- In sufficient amount of moisture, for this on hot days, the plants must be watered every other day, each bush should get at least 2.5 liters of water.
- Another secret is disembarking, it is better to spend it in the evening, in cloudy or rainy weather. And after that, the seedlings need to be slightly shaded.
- In order to attract insects for pollination, it is advisable to plant mustard, basil, coriander right next to the garden with tomatoes or directly on it.
These simple secrets will always provide you with an excellent harvest.Fruits of the Yamal Tomato on the bush
Tomatoes Yamal enjoy success among gardeners, many grow themselves and advise friends and acquaintances:
Tatyana Alexandrovna, 61 years old, pensioner: I love messing around in the garden, growing all the vegetables myself. Among the tomatoes, I would especially like to highlight the variety Yamal, which is not whimsical, it grows and bears fruit in any weather conditions. Perfectly stored and transported from the dacha to the city. In canned form is unusually good with karoshechkoy.
Victor Petrovich, gardener with experience: I like to do plants since my youth, I have a big garden. On the garden I grow a lot of vegetables, I like cucumbers and tomatoes especially. Among the tomatoes, I like the Yamal variety a lot, the bush is not sick, it has abundant fruit. Picked tomatoes before frost often ripen near the stove, but do not lose their taste.
Andrei and Irina, farmers: we are engaged in growing vegetables and fruits for sale. We tried many different varieties of tomatoes, we stopped at several, among them Yamal. Fruits of a grade are in demand at buyers, many collect them in a proc, preserve.Fruits of Yamal Tomato
Anna, teacher: I live on the eighth floor, I do not have a summer residence. But you still want to pamper yourself with fresh vegetables. That is why I grow cucumbers and tomatoes on my balcony myself. From tomatoes I always buy seeds of the Yamal variety, they sprout perfectly, are not picky in their care, have excellent external and taste characteristics. Recommend.
Judging by the reviews, Yamal can be considered a leader among domestic varieties of tomatoes.
Growing tomatoes Yamal is not difficult, to obtain the highest possible yield is enough to know a few secrets and strictly adhere to certain rules.