Gardeners who love new items in their business should be familiar with the name of the Rapunzel tomato. This variety was bred quite recently and is practically not common with us, many have heard of him, but few have seen with their own eyes. Below is a detailed description of this hybrid tomato.
Description of the variety of tomato Rapunzel
The Rapunzel tomato hybrid was bred by Flora-Nova's American breeders in 2015, but has not yet received widespread distribution in Europe and Asia. Such characteristics are peculiar to it:Early ripe Rapunzel tomato
- The variety is classified as indeterminate plants, what characterizes him as tall. With normal care, Rapunzel can grow from 180 cm to 240 cm.
- Vegetation period is only 70-80 days.
- The fruits of the trunk are placed on long racemes, each of which can contain up to 40 tomatoes.
- Tomatoes themselves they look like cherry tomatoes, they have the same small size and bright red color.
- The taste of tomatoes is excellent, Each fruit has a minimum of seed chambers, the pulp is juicy and very sweet.
Features of growing
Tomato variety Rapunzel is suitable for cultivation both in open ground through seedlings, and indoors. with good light. Initially, the variety was bred for balconies, terraces and greenhouses.
When landing in tubs and drawers, it is necessary to take into account the height of the trunk, not every balcony can accommodate a beauty 2 meters high.Tomato Rapunzel is great for growing in a greenhouse
Cultivation in the open field also provides some features next to the bush of tomatoes is to immediately establish a support, which will later be tied up shtamb. In the neighborhood you can put nasturtium, digitalis, marigold, coriander.
Advantages and disadvantages
Tomatoes of the Rapunzel variety, like all other plants of this species, have their drawbacks and advantages, due to which they are chosen as a seed for gardeners. Rapunzel is chosen because of these positive qualities:
- High yield varieties.
- Superb taste qualities.
- High disease resistance and pests.
- Beautiful marketable condition fruits.
Among the disadvantages It may be noted tall.
Soil selection and planting
Before you start growing shtamb and sowing seeds for seedlings, it is worth picking up the soil. Tomatos Rapunzel will be most comfortable in acidic or slightly acidic soils. This should be the soil, starting with the seedlings and ending with the full development of the plant.
Planting technology varieties no different from the cultivation of other tomatoes:
- the first step will be container preparation filling them with heated soil;
- parallel in a weak solution of potassium permanganate soaked seedsit is worth keeping them in pink water for at least 12 hours;
- the next step will be the immediate grain sowing, place them at a distance of at least 1 cm from each other;
- after everything is worth sprinkle with a layer of nutrient soil, it must not be larger than 4 mm;
- seed container warm water and placed in a room with a temperature not lower than +25 for 5-7 days.
After this time, the seedlings should appear in the container.
After the appearance of the second pair of these leaves, tomatoes must be swooped into individual containers.
Planting in open ground and subsequent care
Peaked booms grow and develop in individual tanks until the frost threat disappears completely. Only after that you can confidently plant tomatoes in the garden. At the same time adhere to the following rules:
- be sure to stand distance between the bushes 50 cm;
- well depth should not exceed 10 cm;
- land better transhipment method which will minimize the injuries of the root system.
So that the plant developed well further and was able to please the gardener with the maximum possible yield, it is necessary to take care of it. For this it will be enough:
- spend regular feeding every two weeks slurry in diluted form or by manure itself;
- make integrated store dressing, which are prepared in accordance with the instructions;
- water thorny in containers and tubs as the soil dries;
- for the entire period of growth and development two weeks before harvest spend a few sprays bordeaux mixture for prevention;
- do not ignore and regular spraying garlic and onion infusion with laundry soap;
- regular stewling plants and the formation of one or two stems from one rhizome;
- timely fixing the trunk to the support ordinary tying;
- qualitative harvesting as the fruit ripens.
Diseases and pests of tomato
When breeding the Rapunzel variety, genetically, a high resistance to various diseases was laid, special attention among which was paid to late blight. During the growing season, plant breeders recommend treatment with Bordeaux mixture in order to prevent, but without this means the plant successfully repels all such microbes and bacteria.
Ground pests of the Rapunzel variety are not afraid of any, the bush is not subject to them at all. But the underground inhabitants of the site can enjoy a tomato root, most of all he attracts a bear, a mole and a larva of the May beetle.
There are no exact recommendations for growing the Rapunzel tomato variety, in our country few people have done it. In spite of this wishing to get hold of the seeds or stalk of the plant every year becomes more and more. We hope that the "parents" of Rapunzel will soon delight the gardeners with the constant release of high-quality seeds in sufficient quantity.