Foliar nutrition has a significant impact on the quality of the future crop. It is necessary to figure out when and what to use bait for potatoes. About this and much more in the article.
Types of dressings for potatoes
The root crop can absorb substances not only if you put them in the hole in a dry form or through the root system and soil, but through the leaves too. It makes sense to study what types of dressings exist and how they are applied for potatoes, strawberries and other crops.
It is a potato fertilizer through the bushes on the soil surface. Sheet top dressing should be carried out in the evenings or in the morning. If fertilized in the sun, the solution will evaporate, causing damage to the leaf tissue.
Well absorbs plant nitrogen and magnesium. The average absorption rate of sulfur. More slowly the process is carried out with fertilizer calcium, phosphorus. Although foliar feeding is much faster than root.
Nutrients from top dressing are delivered through the leaves and the stem. On the surface of the bush sprayed solution. This type of feeding is needed when the plant is sick.
When cold weather and drought significantly reduces the metabolism of the plant, so to maintain the strength of the root, you need to spray fertilizer on the leaves.
Fertilizer Carbamide (urea) is considered one of the best nitrogen bait. Available in the form of white-gray granules, rarely in tablets.
Делать настойку нужно следующим образом: 10 литровый контейнер на две третьих заполняют крапивой и заливают водой, оставляют на брожение на 14 дней. Концентрацию разводят водой 1:20.
Крапиву можно смешивать с другими травами: хвощ полевой, полынь, можно добавить золу, коровяк. Вносится удобрение после всходов.
Best recipe chemical complex feeding: mix carambid in dosage 200g, boric acid 15g, potassium monophosphate 300g, potassium magnesia 40g, zinc sulfate 5g, manganese sulfate 5g, colbate chloride 1g, potassium iodide 1g, copper vitriol 5g, iron vitriol 1g, water 10l.
The organics are good because no toxic effect on the plant and you can cook it yourself.
There are the following options for organic foliar fertilizers:
- 0.5 kg of weeds inject 5 liters of water and let stand for 10 hours. Filter the solution, pour it into the apparatus for irrigating potatoes and feed the plant;
- a layer of peat and straw pour 5 liters of water and let it stand;
- process infusion of nettle.
To grow potatoes well, bushes need trace elements. The main ones are:
- Nitrogen. When the element is deficient, the leaves begin to brighten and acquire a light green tint, and the young shoots stop growing. Falling of the ovary may occur. Urea is used for top dressing;
- Phosphorus. With a shortage, the leaves of the potatoes stop growing, start to die off. The microelement is responsible for the development of the root system, increases the resistance of the plant to diseases;
- Potassium. It improves the resistance of potatoes to drought, disease, strengthens the root system and the stem.
- Manganese. Stimulates plant growth, ensures the movement of sugars in the plant.
- Boron. Improves plant resistance to drought, disease.
- Magnesium. The plant starts to grow faster.
- Iron. With a shortage of leaves begin to turn yellow.
- Copper. The leaves begin to curl and dry out with a lack of trace elements.
The most important thing is not to overdo it with fertilizers, otherwise the opposite effect will work. You have a rich harvest!